It’s only March. Spring has barely begun, but every parent knows it’s time to start summer planning. And VBS is often at the core of those plans.
Summers are what memories are made of, and that puts a lot of pressure on vacation and camp decisions. But the excessive options for summer are beyond overwhelming! There is a camp for every possible interest in the world, especially if your budget is limitless. After reading through countless camp lists and trying out a variety of them with my first two kids, I’ve definitely learned something…
I will always say ‘yes’ to at least one VBS each summer! I’m completely amazed by how much planning, time, and faith is put into vacation bible schools, and I am thrilled that my children get to experience that kind of joy. It moves me to tears every time I hear them singing the songs they learn in VBS, and I love it even more when I hear them relating what they learn in the summer to future Bible lessons throughout the year.
And what makes VBS even better? The price tag (well.. the lack of one)!
If you’re searching for a VBS to send your children to this summer, here is a list of some wonderful options in the Austin area and the Texas Hill Country that are currently or will soon be open for registration:
- Bannockburn Dripping Springs and South Austin for age 3 through 5th grade. Theme: Make Waves. Dates: June 20-23. (Registration opens March 14th.) Morning and evening options available. Cost: $10-$15, includes T-shirt.
- Bethany Lutheran Church has VBS for PK3(potty-trained) through 5th grade. Theme: Monumental. Dates: June 20-23, 9 am – noon. Cost: $20, includes T-shirt.
- Dripping Springs United Methodist Church is debuting a Family VBX Camp, for children infancy through 12th grade. Theme: Make Waves. Dates: July 19-21, 5:30-8:30 pm. Cost: $25, includes dinner. (Also offering mini VBS Camps for kids on June 8th, June15th, and Aug 3rd, 9 am – 1 pm.)
- Lake Hills Church starts at incoming kinder age. Theme: Time to Spy. Dates: June 6-9, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. Cost: Unknown
- Woodlawn Baptist Church has summer sleepaway camps scheduled. No update on VBS yet.
- First Baptist of Dripping Springs has “High Voltage” camp for completed Kinder through 5th grade. July 5-7, 9 am – 1 pm. Cost: $10, includes T-shirt and lunch. Space is limited.
- Austin Ridge Bee Cave has Camp Ridge Kids starting at age 3 (potty trained) – 5th grade. Theme: Summer Blast. Dates: July 11-14, 9 am – noon. Cost: Unknown, registration opening soon.
MORE INFO ON VBS OPTIONS TO COME…
If you’re looking to plan other activities for this summer, check out our past Summer Bucket Lists.